87．The substance does not dissolve in water ________________(不管是否加热)。
88．Not only _______________(他向我收费过高)，but he didn’t do a good repair job either.
89. Your losses in trade this year are nothing ____________________(与我的相比)。
90. On average, it is said, visitors spend only _____________________(一半的钱) in a day in Leeds as in London.
91. By contrast, American mothers were more likely____________________ (把孩子的成功归因于) natural talent.
87. whether (it is) heated or not
88. Not only did he charge me too much或Not only did he overcharge me
89. compared with mine 或 in comparison with mine
90. half as much（money）
91. to attribute/ascribe their children’s success to
87 Having spent some time in the city, he had no trouble finding the way to the history museum(找到去历史博物馆的路).
88 In order to support my university studies (to finance my education；to pay for my education/to pay my tuition fees）(为了挣钱供我上学), Mother often takes on more work than is good for her.
89 The professor required that we(should) hand in our/the research report(s)
90 The more you explain, the more confused I am(我愈糊涂).
91 Though a skilled worker, he was fired by the company(他被公司解雇了) last week because of the economic crisis.
87. Specialists in intercultural studies say that it is not easy to adapt oneself to life/living in different cultures(适应不同文化中的生活)
88. Since my childhood I have found that nothing is more attractive to me than reading或to me, nothing is more important than reading(没有什么比读书对我更有吸引力)
89. The victim would have had a chance to survive或would have survived(本来有机会活下来) if he had been taken to hospital in time.
90.Some psychologists claim that people might feel lonely when they are far from home/ are not in their hometown/ traveling.(出门在外时可能会感到孤独)
91．The nation’s population continues to rise at a speed/rate of 12 million per year或 at an annual speed of 12 million(以每年1200万人的速度)